White Papers & Presentations
Industry Leadership and Involvement That Directly Benefits Our Clients
RCC’s consultants and engineers are frequent contributors to nationally recognized industry and standards-setting organizations. Taking an active leadership role in the industries we serve helps us to provide our clients with clear insight into new and emerging technologies.
Please contact us to request copies of the white papers and recent presentations our team has created on current and future technologies and standards, including:
Communications and Dispatch Centers
- RCC staff presented "Communications Center Consolidation: A Framework for Success" at the NENA 2010: 9-1-1 Conference and Trade Show.
Broadband and LTE
Narrowbanding and Rebanding
- RCC staff presented "Cybersecurity for Public Safety: Protecting Data" at APCO's 3rd Annual Broadband Summit on May 14, 2013. Click here to download the presentation.
- In June 2009, APCO, NENA and NPSTC endorsed Long Term Evolution (LTE) as the technology standard for the development of a nationwide interoperable broadband network for first responders. RCC's Mike Hunter gave NPSTC a detailed presentation on the 4G standard.
- RCC staff presented “Narrowbanding Through the Remaining Narrow Window of Time” at the 2009 Pennsylvania Interoperability Conference.
- RCC staff spoke on “Frequency Allocation: Narrowbanding, Rebanding, Broadband” at the 2009 Virginia APCO/NENA/Interoperability Conference.
- RCC released the white paper The 800 MHz Rebanding: A Framework for Risk Analysis. This paper focuses upon the Rebanding Risk, which includes a number of specific kinds of risks to licensees that will almost certainly arise in the 800 MHz rebanding process.
- RCC staff presented on Federal Communications Commissions updates for Pulic Safety at the Northern California Chapter of APCO International, Inc.(NAPCO) meeting on June 10, 2010.
SAFECOM Interoperability Continuum
- RCC staff taught an educational seminar on optimizing the SAFECOM Interoperability Continuum at APCO International’s 75th Annual Conference in 2009.
- RCC released the white paper The Long-festering Problem of the "TA Metrics": The Charles County, MD Case and the Future of FRA Negotiations. An accompanying presentation is also available.
Please contact us to request copies of these white papers and presentations, as well as to schedule an RCC subject matter expert for a speaking engagement.