Case Study: Charleston County, SC ESInet Conceptual Design
Designing a Countywide ESInet Used by All Public Safety Agencies for Information Sharing
Charleston County, SC.
Charleston County retained RCC Consultants to prepare a conceptual design of a countywide ESInet that integrates all the existing agency networks into one information sharing network.
RCC provided many important services for the Charleston County ESInet project, including:
- Met with all the participating agencies to collect information about their current systems and define their requirements for accessing different systems throughout the County and any neighboring or federal agencies.
- Prepared a detailed matrix that highlighted the information collected.
- Evaluated the current County network and other municipality networks within the County.
- Prepared a report that identified the current design criteria for the ESInet and any integration issues between the current available networks.
- Prepared an ESInet conceptual design that will facilitate information sharing throughout the County and interface with the existing wireless infrastructure utilized by one of the Federal agencies participating in the project.
- Prepared a high-level view of the current state of the industry, specifically focused on Next Generation network(s) and applications in existence.